AULD LANG SYNE...... @ Monday, February 27, 2006


Auld Lang Syne
Robert Burns

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o'kindness yet
For auld lang syne
We twa hae run aboot the braes
And pou'd the gowans fine;
we've wander'd mony a weary foot
Sin' auld lang syne
We two hae paidled i' the burn,
Frae mornin' sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne
And here's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne
Cum this 28th Feb, marks the closure of Geylang Serai Market. Gone were those days where you can see 'Raja Lelong' every morning wif his superb bargains. Watever you want, you name it. Everything that you can ever find in this market.
One thing for sure, I will miss those market-ing atmosphere.
Yah, I dun deny that it is a bit cramped at present but I have grown accustomed to it. Sumtyms you feel 'syiok' crashing thru the crowds.
Here is the place where ppl come for the cheapest bargains on fish, seafood, meat and every darn thing..and they are amazingly fresh!!!! Ppl as far as from Jurong wld even cum here to do market-ing- dats how influential this market place is.
Dun believe? Can ask my Mum!!! Hehehehe. She stays in Jurong.
Almost all Makciks from all over S'pore will cum down here to shop. Admist all the bustling activities of this market thruout these decades, the tym has come to move....
Well, I managed to take some snapshots of the remaining days of this market...
I saw the sign...it open up my eyes..I saw the sign...
The back entrance
I will miss the chendol stall...
The eating place cum waiting area for hubby while wifey markets..

The bargain stalls...

When dusk approaches...

My fav- butcher man's stall-cum-father in law look alike..kekeke

Geylang serai flat.

The blurry pic of trishaw and litters...Hehehhe..

Tenantless...

Geylang Serai @ Night

Wif the revamp of this market area which has left me wif great memories spent here, I can't help but shed some tears to this memorable place.

The place where I feel so much a Malay kampung ; a community that is so close-knitted despite the different races mending the stalls.

This is the place where I spent my Ramadhan every single year.

This is the place where I helped out Nizam during the Ramadhan bazaar at one point of tym.

This is also the place where I spent one day of my Ramadhans with Azlan & Azman.

This is the place where I do my marketing with Aunty Lydia.

This is practically the one-stop place where I did most of my shopping every month.

Tak turun Geylang tak sah...dats wat ppl always say...hehee..

Lastly, this is the place I find my true identity as a Malay Muslim..

and this is the place dat will be

GREATLY MISSED!!!!!

12:24:00 AM

Profile


Eccentic-Ika

Nayli Arissa

Mohd Hafizal

Praises to Allah

Affiliates
Etrangle
Nura J
Izadnhana
Thelittleskoolhouse
Archives


Tagboard
Insert tagboard, shoutmix, cbox code here. Maximum width of 220px. The height can be infinite.

Please refrain from reproducing anything which doesn't belong to you, without any proper credit.
Copyright © 2009, All rights reserved.